Monday, February 23, 2009

Call me Grace......

Peyton went for her first roller coaster ride before the age of 6 months old. She is absolutely fine, except for now being terrified of her car seat, her mom and the steps. I, however, thought I had a cracked elbow, a broken knee and ankle and should have worn a neck brace all weekend. Last Friday morning we went down to get in the car—one arm held Peyton in her carrier and in the other was my purse, lunchbox and coat. My heel caught on the first step of the second set of stairs and there we went, banging from one side of the wall to the other and bouncing up and down the rest of the steps until we got to the bottom. I was so afraid she was hurt, but she never left my arm, tipped over, nor made a peep. I got my broken body up and looked at her and she was completely fine…..pacifier still in her mouth, but her eyes were as big as could be as if she was thinking “what the hell was that you crazy lady”. Thank goodness neither one of us are truly hurt, but I feel like when she now sees her carrier, she just wants to cry in fear, just as I do when seeing any set of stairs anymore. Just call me Melissa……(see her blog for more details)

No comments:

Post a Comment