Thursday, January 29, 2009

Peyton's Place

So, I've been sucked into the blogging world and I feel that I'm addicted before I even start. Traci and Melissa have been on me about starting this, but I never thought it was something I would really get into. That was until I made my mind up to do it and it's all I can think about. I have to warn you that since I'm new at this, it might not be all that interesting. You can take it or leave it, but I've decided that it's something I'm going to stick with since I really like the idea of sharing Peyton's milestones with friends and family who don't live here in town.

You're wondering about the title of my blog? I had no idea what people were talking about when they went on about the subject after asking what my daughter's name was. So, I googled it! And the results are:

Peyton Place is a 1956 novel by Grace Metalious. "Peyton Place" has become an expression to describe a place whose inhabitants have sordid secrets. Selling 60,000 copies within the first ten days of its release, it was publishing's second "blockbuster" (following Gone with the Wind in 1936) and remained on the New York Times best seller list for 59 weeks. The main plot follows the lives of three women—lonely and repressed Constance MacKenzie; her illegitimate daughter Allison' and her employee Selena Cross, a girl from "across the tracks," or as it is called in the book, "from the shacks." The novel describes how they come to terms with their identity as women and sexual beings in a small New England town. Hypocrisy, social inequities, and class privilege are recurring themes in a tale that includes incest, abortion, adultery, lust and murder.

While Peyton Place might have been the most controversial novel ever written, this blog will not be. At this "Peyton's Place", you won't find much "real life" drama, maybe just a few tasteful scandalous posts and an occasional flash of nudity. Again, tasteful, and of Peyton. What were you thinkin'? Ha!

Stay tuned..........

2 comments:

  1. Aww....welcome to the world of blogging. I'm so proud of you for actually doing this. I can't wait to read more about Pey-Pey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you finally did this. You will be too! I love to see pictures of that beautiful little girl since I don't get to see her very often. Can't wait to see her on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete