Tuesday, March 24, 2009

6 month stats & more

I feel that I have a lot to catch up on since the blog has been rather quiet for the last month or so. Peyton has been sick and then I got sick and then Peyton was sick again and I think AJ ended up getting sick of both of us. Ha! We went to the doctor a total of four times in close to two weeks. All is better now and she is happier than she has ever been. She’s been rolling back and forth both ways, pushing up while on her tummy, sitting for the most part completely on her own, chowing down her vegetables, singing and pretending to be a monster. I don’t know how else to describe it. I have no idea what she has started, but she’ll “grunt” in a real deep voice and it sounds like monster noises. Maybe it’s from Shiloh “talking” to her and she is trying to mimic her? She even cracked the daycare lady up the other day because she was doing it during nap time. It’s the funniest thing!

At her 6 month appointment, she weighed in at 16 lbs even (50th percentile) and was 26.5” long (75th percentile). Her grandpa calls her the Michelin Baby. So, look out Michelin Man, you have some competition coming. Her cute, baby features are so adorable at this stage—her belly and thighs. I just want to squeeze them. I wish someone would say that about my thighs and belly. And why is it too cute that babies can run around in diaper butt with their bellies hanging out, but we can’t?

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the way we eat and how we should get into better habits for Peyton’s sake. In some ways I can’t wait for her to eat actual solids so we can have the kid snacks like fruit roll-ups and Cheetos around the house. But when I think about it, I already eat like a kid. Let’s use my lunch today as an example. Left over hamburger helper (which I consider a “homemade” meal), Cheetos, Little Debbie snack cakes and a Pepsi. What part of that meal would be considered healthy? The meat and pasta in the hamburger helper? Or the cheese that I could classify as “dairy” in the Cheetos? Not to mention my regular diet of Kool-aid and ice-cream. And I wonder why nobody comments on my thighs? Starting (one of these days) we are going to start eating healthier. More fruits and vegetables and less snacks. If Peyton is eating healthy, we are going to also. This will be news to AJ, but I’ll at least give him the veggies with salt in them. Poor Peyton, she has no idea what “seasoned” food tastes like. One day………

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I got to see her on Saturday. She is just so kissable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have to say I am so proud of the
    "Little Monster ", You tell' em Pey Pey. AJ and Kim , she is so cute. I love the pics. See you soon Love, Aunt Tami

    ReplyDelete