Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The "In Crowd"

I took Peyton in to daycare yesterday with no carrier because she is such a big girl now and has a big girl car seat. I sat her down on the rug and a couple girls (cute ones) came over and sat by her and asked her if she wanted to listen to their music with them. It was the cutest thing! The song was “Big Girls Don’t Cry” by Fergie. One of the little girls told me that Peyton is a big girl and she only cries when she is hungry. I felt like she was beginning to be accepted in the “popular crowd” from the big kids room.

And then I started to worry about what it would be like to raise a good kid who is popular, yet nice to everyone and who isn’t hung up on stereo types. And then I got overwhelmed and decided I’d just do the best I could and raise her to be kind and loving and hope for the best.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim!

    Your advice "to just do the best I could and raise her to be kind and loving and hope for the best," certainly worked for me! Look at the wonderful daughters I have now!

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete