Friday, June 19, 2009

Peyton likes pies......


.....MUD PIES

Yep, that's dirt on her face and in her mouth. AJ was BBQ-ing and I was dead heading my flower pots on the deck, while Peyton was crawling around and checking out the deck. She came over to the pot I was working on and crawled up and stood at it with me. I saw her playing in the dirt and although it's hard for me to let her get her hands dirty, I also know that is how she learns the texture of things. I know babies also like to learn about things by putting it in their mouths, but I thought things like different foods, toys, books, etc. Not dirty things like plant soil. I looked over at her when AJ asked me if I was going to let her eat that. I wasn't sure what it was she was going to eat since last I knew she was just rolling it around in her hands. I looked and sure enough, she was exploring with her mouth. I wasn't sure how much of it she ate, but she ended up taking down enough to throw up later.

I thought all girls were dainty and petite and didn't like to get their hands messy? Now I know better.

2 comments:

  1. She just had to try it... :) A little dirt won't hurt! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it that she is still so beautiful even with dirt on her mouth! You are such a good mommy to let her explore. Love you guys! Sarah Tippie

    ReplyDelete